A few suggestions to protect your child’s safety while watching:
– Make your viewings from the official YouTube channels of children’s video content producers who are known worldwide and that you trust.
– Search for reviews of content that are running on official channels of secure content producers. (Find and read these comments (both in your native language and in English). At this point I can suggest commonsensemedia.org, I am using it, but you should still watch and test the suitability of the video series or the video you selected.
– Always consider the age of your child during content selection and viewing.
– Around the world, it is generally accepted that the starting age of viewing should be 3, and the first year should start with a few minutes, and by the end of the year that should reach 10 to 20 minutes. But as I said, you know your child the best, you will decide, or you will get the answer to this question from an expert who knows your child.
– Even though they are very safe, some videos may confuse your children or change their energy due to their contents. For example, I had my daughter watch a highly recommended cartoon where the adventures of a rescue team of animals are told, and then I immediately corrected my mistake. Otherwise, by the end of the episode, she would be climbing the walls.
– I don’t think an ad-free broadcast is possible on YouTube, so I suggest you look at the screen and focus on closing the emerging ads.
– You’re keeping the Autoplay option off, right?
Finally, I know that there are moments when every frustrated parent says, “Let them watch for another ten minutes ”. I applaud those who say “not me” but I would like to remind you that you cannot guarantee tomorrow. In such moments of escape, you must choose VoD (video on demand) instead of UGC. In other words, when you say “alright, you can watch”, your children should not be the ones selecting what they will watch on YouTube. Let them watch the content you choose from a platform that has the copyright of the content (such as Netflix, Puhu, Prime Video, iTunes, Blutv etc.) or from the digital site of the broadcaster TV channel (if available). Episode-based, professionally dubbed or in the original language, and most importantly unpleasant surprises.
I hope that this information makes it easier for parents who always try to make the right decisions and never get tired of that.
From the links below, you can reach the statistics mentioned in this all-authentic article.
A different dimension of lack of control: As we know that almost everyone can upload content, we also know that we can all view these contents. In March, a mother YouTuber was caught!
This Arizona-based mother had a YouTube channel highly watched by children because children were playing in the videos. The channel had 800,000 followers and the 36 uploaded videos got a total of 240 million views. In fact, this cruel person was torturing and mistreating her seven adopted children. She hurt the children who couldn’t play their roles in the videos. However, I’m sure viewers were not aware of the situation and so was Youtube…
You can visit the link below to reach the details of the news.